27 November 2008

5 things meme

I got tagged by Fia and I'm happy to answer the following questions with a few modifications :-)

Things I was doing FIVE years ago:
1. Working in the tropical rain forest
2. Planning a trans-Atlantic move
3. Wondering if starting a PhD is the right thing to do
4. Wondering if leaving the sunny tropics is the right thing to do
5. Accepting the PhD offer and moving anyhow

5 things on my to do list today

1. Relax after most crazy first job interview
2. Buy formula for the baby
3. Read paper A
4. Revise paper B
5. Continue trying to get a job while hoping that the interview that just passed was successful

5 things I would do if I were a millionaire
1. Do something about the dismal daycare situation for parents in science on continent A
2. Get a nanny and someone to help with the housework
3. Fund my own research and those of others between grants
4. Invest money into co-operative housing worldwide
5. Travel (with a nanny to help with the baby)

5 places I've lived

1. In a bank on continent B
2. In a camper van in a field, on a windy island on continent B
3. In a great little apartment with toucans in the backyard in the tropics
4. In a "historic" building on continent A
5. In a great co-op in the center of a great city on continent A

5 jobs I've had

1. "Basketcase" teenager who keeps watch over peoples belongings while they swim (now lockers do this job)
2. Lifeguard
3. Coffee house clerk
4. Field tech
5. Biologist

No comments: