22 October 2010

I love newborns!

The baby has arrived and it is so wonderful having a newborn around again! I really love this phase (even with the sleep deprivation). I love that I don’t have to focus on anything except this warm cozy being that needs me as much as I need him. I love smelling him, and looking into those newborn eyes, and smiling at those tiny newborn smiles. Even though I am committed to work/home balance – so much so that I labored and gave birth wearing a work related T-shirt as a symbolic reminder to myself to keep work and home in equilibrium – I love that in these first few weeks I really don’t have to concentrate on work. I can if I want to and if the circumstances allow, but I don’t have to. I am free to focus 100% on loving this new little human and integrating him into our family.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Awwww.... newborns are addictive, arent' they? Enjoy! That time is over so fast. Ours is nearly half a year now (but I admit I still enjoy cuddeling him, despite having my brains full of work again).

Amelie said...

Congratulations!